Hiring good people is one of the most challenging tasks in running a business.
Here are the top 5 questions, in 3 different categories, to ask candidates according to seek.com.
The top 5 motivational interview questions to ask candidates:
- Why are you interested in working at this organisation?
- What is your understanding of the role and why are you interested?
- Tell us about a team you have worked in that enabled you to do your best work. What was it about the team that made you do your best work?
- What work achievement are you most proud of?
- What parts of your current role do you really love?
The top 5 situational interview questions to ask candidates:
- If you had two important deadlines coming up, how would you prioritise your tasks?
- What steps would you take to make an important decision on the job?
- You realise that an early mistake in a project is going to put you behind deadline. What do you do?
- How would you handle working closely with a colleague who has a different working style to you?
- What would you do if you made a strong recommendation in a meeting, but your colleagues decided against it?
The top 5 behavioural interview questions to ask candidates:
- At times, you will be asked to do many things at once. How do you prioritise your tasks?
- Have you ever worked in a role where priorities and goals have changed frequently? What were they and how did you ensure you were successful in that environment?
- Can you share with me some constructive feedback you have received and how you have used that feedback to change the way you work?
- Tell me about a time when you have given a team member feedback. How did you approach it and what was the outcome?
- Tell me about a project or idea that was implemented or executed upon successfully because of your efforts.
I hope this helps when you next conduct a job interview (or even perhaps go for a job interview).